Wireless Internet Media For Streaming
Best Wireless Routers for Home Internet Streaming
Home wireless internet has become much more common with the explosion of Kindles and iPads for surfing the web and downloading book and videos files online.
A reliable easy to setup wireless router will make sharing the internet with your computer and wireless devices less frustrating.
Setting up your home for wireless internet media streaming is the first step to cutting your cable and is a necessity for many media streamers that do not include Ethernet ports.
For media streaming high bandwidth high definition media files, look for a more expensive dual-band wireless router rather than a single-band.
Today's fastest routers use the latest 802.11x, 802.11ac technology and are both a step up from the current 802.11n standard. Older hardware may only work with the older 802.11g technology so it is important to check the manufacture specs to see which wireless standard they support.
Dual-Band Wireless Routers:
Today's Top Rated Wireless Routers for Home Internet and Media Streaming
NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC 1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300)
Industry's first and fastest 802.11ac wireless router with speeds up to 1750 Mbps Simultaneous Dual Band - Doubles bandwidth and reduce WiFi interference for better connections NETGEAR Genie® App - Easy-to-use dashboard to monitor, control & repair home networks Wireless security with the highest grade protection Compatible with next generation WiFi devices and backward compatible with 802.11n
Linksys EA4500 App-Enabled N900 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB
- Dual-band 3x3 wireless supports high bandwidth applications such as video streaming or file sharing with speed up to 450+450Mbps
- Wireless-N technology uses multiple radios to create a robust signal that travels farther and faster, with reduced dead spots.
- Storage Link transforms any USB storage device into a NAS
Dual-band 3x3 wireless supports high bandwidth applications such as video streaming or file sharing with speed up to 450+450Mbps... More » Linksys EA4500 App-Enabled N900 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB
ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
JJ shows from ASUS how to set up their flagship router the ASUS RT-N66U, via wireless. This Dual-band wireless-N900 gigabit router is ASUS' top of the line router with speeds up to 450Mbps on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz channels concurrently. The trouble free disk-less setup makes installing this beauty in you home a breeze.
Apple Airport Extreme 802.11N (5TH GEN)
- Easy Wi-Fi setup using iPhone, iPad, or Mac: Connect your DSL or cable modem to AirPort Express and create your new wireless network in just a few taps from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. If you're using OS X Lion, use the built-in AirPort Utility on your Mac. Setup is just as fast and just as easy.
- Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n: AirPort Express lets Wi-Fi-enabled devices connect to your network on the 2.4GHzand 5GHz wireless bands. Which means every connected device automatically uses the best band available for the fastest possible performance.
- AirPlay takes the music from the iTunes library on your computer or iOS device and sends it wirelessly to any connected stereo or speakers in your home (audio cable sold separately). Play music on one set of speakers - or if you have more than one AirPort Express connected to speakers, play your music from iTunes on all of them at the same time.
- Print wirelessly from any room: On the back of AirPort Express is a USB port that's made for your printer. Just plug it in and instantly, it's like having a printer in every room. And since AirPort Express works with Mac and PC, everyone in the house can take advantage of one centrally available printer
- Compatibility and security: AirPort Express is compatible with devices using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n specifications. So no matter what Wi-Fi device you're using, it willwork with AirPort Express. AirPort Express also features a built-in firewall to protect your network from malicious Internet attacks
WARNING: Please read the manual and password protect your wireless router. This keeps neighbors from using, sharing and slowing down your internet connection or worse. When setting up your home wireless internet router, be sure to use WPA security as it is much more secure than WEP.
Compare all Dual Band Wireless Routers on Amazon »