Sling TV Announced their DVR Service Is Now Available
That's the good news, the bad news is the Sling TV DVR will at first only be available on a somewhat limited basis.
If you are a lucky Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick and Fire tablet owner, you will be among the very first cord cutters that can use the new Sling DVR cloud service.
Except it will cost you, that's right. It will be $5/month more to use the new Sling TV DVR with any Sling TV streaming service. Did you expect anything different? This is still big cable after all.
What Sling DVR Gives You For Your Money
For your $5/month you get 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage. Now it does cost money for cloud storage, so really this is not totally unreasonable for Sling to charge their customers more.
The Sling DVR will provide you with one really great benefit over live TV as well that can save you a bunch of time. The ability to skip through all the commercials.
Wait There Is More to The Sling TV DVR
• Watch your favorite shows anytime, anywhere! - Soon you will be able to record your favorites and watch whenever you want on Amazon Fire TVs and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs.
• Simple conflict-free recording – No need to worry about multiple tuners, you can even record multiple shows at the same time and never worry about recording conflicts again. Now for some more bad news, the Cloud DVR function will not be available on all channels.
• Keep recordings forever – Sling TV DVR won't automatically make you delete any of your recordings. Well, at least for as long as you keep paying them for the Cloud DVR service.
• Manage your recordings automatically – Sling TV DVR makes room for new recordings by deleting your oldest ‘watched’ recording when you reach your limit so you will never miss your favorite shows.
• Watch on all Supported Devices – Sling TV DVR makes it easy to watch recordings anywhere. Once you join, watch your shows from any supported device you own.
How to Get Sling TV DVR
Since this is still a limited roll-out with more devices to be brought online soon. About the only way to get it now is through your Amazon devices. Just sign in to Sling TV and select “Add Cloud DVR.”
If you enjoy learning about the latest cord-cutting news and tips, please be sure to like us on Facebook and join our Roku Rocks Facebook Group.
Don't miss our Cord Cutting News Page for streaming TV news as it happens.